Open Coil Heaters
Open coil elements are the most efficient type of electric heating element while also the most economically feasible for most heating applications. Used predominantly in the duct heating industry, open coil elements have open circuits that heat air directly from the suspended resistive coils. These industrial heating elements have fast heat-up times that improve efficiency and have been designed for low maintenance and easy, inexpensive replacement parts.
Open coil heating elements from National heaters are typically made for duct process heating, forced air & ovens, and for pipe heating applications. Open coil heaters are used in tank and pipe heating and/or metal tubing. A minimum clearance of 1/8’’ is required between the ceramic and the inside wall of the tube. Installing an open coil element will provide excellent and uniform heat distribution over a large surface area.
Open coil heater elements are an indirect industrial heating solution to decrease watt density requirements or the heat fluxes on the surface area of the pipe connected to the heated section and prevent heat-sensitive materials from coking or breaking down.
- High ductility
- Low mass
- Constructed with no open seams
- Available with fittings for mounting
- Plastic injection molding nozzles
- Semiconductor manufacturing and wafer processing
- Hot metal forming dies and punches
- Sealing and cutting bars
- Medical, analytical and scientific instruments
- Restaurant and food processing equipment
- Cast-in heaters
- Laminating and printing presses
- Air heating
- Textile manufacturing
- Heating in a vacuam environment